CINEMATOGRAPHER | PRODUCER
Award-winning and versatile visual creator experienced in cinematography and producing. Diverse professional able to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to completion. Skilled leader adept at directing and mentoring teams to high-quality performance. Creative problem solver who uses knowledge and experience to find cost-effective solutions, produce quality content, and boost company reputation and profits.
Areas of Expertise
Video Productions | Video Editing | Post-Production | Camera Operation | Cinematography
Branding | Videography | Motion Graphics | Live-Action Projects
Process Improvement | Project Management | Training | Social Media
Content Creation | Team Leadership
Final Cut Studio / X
Compositing / Keying
Mac / PC
Lighting & DMX Programming
FAA 107 Drone Operator
ALJAZEERA/AJPLUS | 2014—Present
Cinematographer | Senior Video Editor
Collaborate with producers to create scripts, program ideas, and short- and long-form nonfiction videos according to required timelines. Perform pre-production activities, including management of schedules, workflows, cost estimates, and team-wide project management. Edit video for online & social media platforms ensuring output quality meets or exceeds expected standards. Recruit, interview, train, and evaluate pre-production team members.
Manage post-production processes, including color correction and audio sweetening while directing and advising teams on video production best practices and standards. Handle all necessary licenses and clearances for productions. Film on- and off- location, performing audio and lighting equipment setups. Ensure journalistic integrity of footage and confidentiality of on-camera subjects as needed. Forecast software and equipment needs. Assist Head of Post Production and Creative Lead in identifying and resolving issues.
· Assumed additional responsibilities to elevate production quality and knowledge within company. Became recognized as go-to person for video production expertise and transformed editing role into traveling on-location videographer and director.
· Developed efficient workflows and processes to achieve high-quality videos without incurring additional costs. Company adopted templates and workflows, leading to Emmy Award.
· Boosted technical knowledge of staff by reorganizing teams, training on tasks and processes, and providing ongoing guidance as needed.
STUDIO MOUNTAIN | 2004—Present
Freelance Cinematographer | Video Editor
Operate and manage company functions. Determine client requirements and produce videos to meet and satisfy client needs. Combine production process knowledge and vendor requirements to develop variety of products. Coordinate and manage crew & talent for productions.
NITTO TIRE USA INC | 2009 - 2012
Video Producer | Cinematographer
Managed all aspects of production for Formula Drift series. Directed film crew for Formula Drift series ensuring proper and timely capturing of needed footage. Produced viral videos for web and social media. Managed projects from concept to creation, meeting requirements and demanding deadlines.
· Boosted company social media presence and engagement by producing visual stunning, attention-grabbing videos. Selected to manage video production of Formula Drift series for three years due to high-quality output, traveling nationally with Nitto race team.
· Met company demands for increased content and coverage by contracting and organizing film crew, producing excellent content with higher production quality.
BEST OF THE BAY & LA TELEVISION | 2007—2011
Videographer | Video Editor
Delivered fast, high-quality, edited shows & segments for KRON 4 & KTLA. Edited footage for use with multiple formats including television and Internet. Maintained efficiency with organized files and image storage. Managed multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring timely, high-quality completion.
· Applied out-of-the-box, trendy editing and new camera and production technologies to transform production and produce long-running television show. Received Telly Award for best editing.
· Resolved demand of multiple same-day shoots by volunteering as operate camera for second crew, allowing completion of day’s shooting schedule.
Videographer | Video Editor, MELLANGE STUDIO
· Provide production and post-production for event, corporate, and family videos.
BFA, 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
· Minors: Film / Television
· Relevant Coursework: Non-Linear Editing & Camera for Animato